Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween Eve

It is the night before Halloween and I still do not have a costume!  Yes, it is true.  I made my son a costume and made a Minnie Mouse skirt for my friend Christie, but have put together nothing for myself.  I'll figure something out I suppose.  I purchased a really ugly house coat at our semi annual cub scout yard sale last weekend in case I was desperate.  I'll let you know tomorrow what I end up dressed up as.  

Here are a couple of pictures of Christie in the Minnie Mouse skirt.  Doesn't she look cute?!  It actually came out really darling and I was so happy to hear that it didn't fall apart on her while she was at a Halloween party last weekend.  What would I do different next time?  I'd make it a tad shorter and use stiffer tulle for sure. 

 

















Boog and I carved two pumpkins today.  I printed out two templates we found online and spent an hour or so carving.  Of course I forgot to take pictures during the process but here is a picture of one of our completed masterpieces.  For some reason the other pumpkin isn't coming out right in the picture.  He must be camera shy.

Hey Jeanne...Can you guess who this is supposed to be?


I'm excited about tomorrow.  Wish me luck that I end up in a cool costume.  Oh and that it STOPS RAINING!



Maddy =)

3 comments:

  1. Oooh! That skirt is so cute. When have you found time for all of this? I'm so impressed. The pumpkin is awesome! It's Jack Skellington! We have a book of pumpkin patterns from Nightmare Before Christmas and I was just talking about making a Jack Skellington pumpkin this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for costumes you could make a robot costume. It would only take a couple of boxes, duct tape and some silver paint spray. You can improvise buttons and knobs from stuff around the house. Something like this maybe: http://www.familye.com/homemade-robot-costume/

    ReplyDelete
  3. shoot! I just saw your comment about the robot costume. That would have been very cool.

    ReplyDelete