Saturday, November 12, 2011

Paid to Watch TV!

Sorry that I've been out of touch for so long. It's been a combination of overwork and pulling a muscle in my back. Just saying that I pulled my back makes me feel so incredibly old. I wasn't even doing anything crazy. I picked up a stack of magazines and then like thirty seconds later felt like I had torn something extremely important in my lower back. I then proceeded to pretend it wasn't that bad when it totally was and pushed myself to help with the cleanup of Chris' step-sister's wedding reception and hung out with the family for hours and hours until I got in the car to head to dinner with everyone and just the act of getting in the car hurt so bad I burst into tears. We skipped dinner and I lathered myself in icy hot and downed a few doses of Tylenol. It's been a week and I'm finally getting back to where I don't groan every time I stand up.


So let's catch up. Chris and I got to be part of the Nielsen ratings which was pretty cool. We initially got something in the mail about a month ago with $2 and a survey. We filled it out, sent it back and then got a follow up phone call. I guess they liked our answers and the following week we received our TV Diary and $30! So Nielsen paid for our dinner. I was really surprised that the process was as old-fashioned as just keeping a diary. I made sure to watch some Vampire Diaries since I totally dig Damon and need to get my weekly fix. I was surprised by how little House Hunters International and Real Housewives ended up in the diary. I feel like I'm constantly watching House Hunters. It felt really good to be able to support the shows that we really enjoy watching so, hopefully, they'll stick around a little longer and we only needed to pull out the white out once so the people at Nielsen won't think we're total boobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment